1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Coventry Aquatics - Still no lights from CA (in administration)

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by NoK3, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

Having been reassured that I would receive my lights from CA having gone into adminstration regrettably so far nothing has been received. Has any one else received any goods after CA went into administration

2. Matt@Epo

[email protected] Registered

Re: Still no lights from CA (in administration)

They havent yet gone into administration...due to on 1st feb from what I have been told.

3. Realist

Realist Registered

I doubt anyone will see anything tbh, just my opinion but time will tell.

4. Matt@Epo

I agree

5. Simplyaquaria

Simplyaquaria Registered

Not sure what lights you ordered, but if they are the KEY lights and they don't materialise soon, I would recommend that you contact Eric at Fishstreet (who supply the lights to the former CA) as I am sure he would like to hear if you have lost out.

6. Carlos

Carlos Registered

Go and knock on his door he's still there but under Under a different name Midland Aquatics and Reptile Centre Limited

it was set up on the 7th of december, which is open for anyone to view on companies house

7. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

I would have thought that having made the commitment there would have been an attempt to maintain reputation and image but I suppose I was naive to expect this.

8. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

They are the Key lights. What's more frustrating is that I was a regular customer as I live in Rugby and confidence I have to say is at a low and I would question their use in the future. Lost business is hard to recover these days.

9. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

After our little "disagreement" on the Fishstreet thread, i'm glad I got mine from Fishstreet now. I directed Eric to the liquidation thread too as I would imagine any "exclusivity" deal is now out of the window.

10. Matt@Epo

We have been sending out putty to customers that have lost out due to shops closing ( another two in Norfolk recently) although the lights are hugely more expensive ( and I am not suggesting Eric should help) it wont hurt for you to contact him and keep him in the loop so to speak

11. jrob3rts

jrob3rts Registered

Nice to see you're keeping a positive stance there Chris lol.

12. avangels

avangels Registered

on the darkside a guy is out of pocket by £820 on a tank he was told to claim it back through his credit card company. he spoke to them and they are sending him the paperwork. If you paid by credit card this is the only respose being received if you paid cash it has been said they are trying to sort those out (only 1 person said they were sorted)

13. Marine Life UK

Marine Life UK Registered

I hope that you do receive what is owing to you as do I hope he actually pays what he owes to suppliers.

14. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

What's more surprising they have my telephone number and could quite easiliy give me an update. If it was me I would keep the customer informed as a mark of goodwill and good customer practice or am I expecting too much.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  15. Inklinkerman

Inklinkerman Registered

I may be being really naive, I hope I'm not, but id still give robin a little time. if midland aquatics don't honour orders from CA then it's dispicable and there is no way that business will have a future. so thats why I think/hope that robin will honour the orders. his future ltd business depends on it. I think it's too soon to write him off just yet. there must be alot going on down in coventry atm.

I feel for you as I could so easily be in your position, I was toying with ordering another godiva. if I was in your situation, id wait, try claiming via your payment protection, then if all else fails go knock on his door.;) I expect you'll be queing.

hope you get sorted, keep everyone posted.

16. wizadora

wizadora Registered

google CA and look at the nice new website and shop under a differant name.

17. Bob1888

Bob1888 Registered

Blimey talk about dejavu same website different name.As said give them time and if nothing materializes I know what I would be doing spending all my spare time in the shop enlightening any customers that come in :whistling:
    Cheers Bob

18. w0nderste

w0nderste Registered

How did you pay?
    If Credit card....you're covered.
    If paypal.....you only have 45 days from payment to raise a dispute, after that they wash their hands of it.

I bought some lights before xmas which I returned for a refund (still waiting for) and paid by Paypal, but since it is more than 45 days paypal are not intersted

19. CBD

CBD Registered

[​IMG]

20. chris

chris Registered

Yet again folk have paid for stuff before they have got it which is maddness in my eyes, i dont know why they do this as there are folk who will supply cash on delivery. A few months since i was thinking of buying a new gas stove and the guy wanted payment up front of nearly £1500 and i said bring the fire and fit it and if i am satisfied i will pay you then to which he said no so i went elsewhere and got one. chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice