1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Coral Workshop

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by [email protected], Oct 13, 2012.

1. Simon@coralsworkshop

[email protected] Registered

Well, here I go again!!

After closing the games room out the back of my clinic (no profit and stressful) i have decided to use the space for my own personal pleasure. family dooes and get togethers, birthday parties etc. I will also be using the space for local reef meets and yes, another tank.

however, rather than a display tank, i thought id set up some proper QT tanks, a big saltwater mixing tank and a couple of frag tanks.

I have loads of space so im going to give myself plenty of room for expansion should i need it (we all know how fast we run out of room!)

There will be plenty of pics as with my other thread http://www.thesaltybox.com/forum/medium-tanks-31-100gal/98023-clinical-corner.html

and heres the first few...

im the one working, neils the one standing around...:whistling:

2012-10-13 14.02.28.jpg 2012-10-13 16.06.31.jpg 20121013_140157.jpg 20121013_140212.jpg IMG_3772.jpg IMG_3773.jpg IMG_3774.jpg IMG_3775.jpg IMG_3776.jpg IMG_3777.jpg

2. Matt@Epo

looks like a nice space and a good start on the tank bases. Its a shame Neil couldnt have helped more rather than just stand around.
    Nice to see you have upgraded from Leds to xmas tree lights and halloween lanterns...that should see some good growth :tongue:

3. Neil

Neil Registered

I wish I was just standing around if that was the case I would not have to be going out and doing 3-4 hours of payed work today

PS Simon was on his knees doing ground work and I did ALL the wood work (now I hope it dont fall down) LOL

4. Carlos

Carlos Registered

nice progress Simon, I agree with Matt and you could of had a shave as well Neil :taunt:

5. Neil

Neil Registered

I only shave once a week ready for work on Mondays

6. bigguy

bigguy Registered

Looking good keep this up and you Will be turning the surgery to a lfs lol
    Could have a saltybox meeting on the opening lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

7. bigguy

bigguy Registered

Hate shaving with a passion lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

8. Simon@coralsworkshop

matt, the pumkin lights are not very good but the fairly lights are a massive step up from the metal halides, and they flash!!

neil, i think it will stop wobbling when the base sets:taunt:

9. Simon@coralsworkshop

its difficult to get you northern monkeys to do anything, i think it will take a lot more than a few tanks to get your arses in gear:biggrin:

10. Simon@coralsworkshop

oops, fun police!! swear filter didnt work, its not my fault guv!!!!!:taunt:

11. Matt@Epo

That'll have to change when puberty comes to town :taunt:

See if you can rig up a control device from your phone to impress the cool kids. Hysterical

Have you got an eta on when you expect to be done? or does that rely on Neil helping?

12. hillie

hillie Registered

Fighting talk Simon? You hoping for a big brawl so that you can replace any teeth that get knocked out Hysterical

13. hillie

hillie Registered

This is a GREAT idea Simon (not the fighting, the new room).

Do you want to buy our 4' tank? We're thinking of selling it coz we just don't have the time or funds to turn it into the Malawi Chichlid tank that I so wanted :026:

Got quite a bit of rock too and other bits and bobs.

Hillie

14. Simon@coralsworkshop

im going to take it a bit slower on this one. obvioulsy it will be wet before yours matt but im thinking it should be done in about 5 or 6 years...:taunt:

hahah, narr, we think about 6 months or so. ive got most of the parts i need to get it wet although i may need another aquatronica plug bar.

i love a good punch up, good for business! btw, we will be handing out free toffees on the way in :thumbup1:

i think im good for tanks, may be interested in the rock tho. what are the tank dimensions and what type of rock is it?

15. hillie

hillie Registered

I'll pass on the toffees Hysterical

Have a look in the 4 foot tank thread in my signature. Loads of photos of the tank. It's 4 foot x 15" deep x 15" high. It would make a good frag tank as it's not deep.

Got the tetra1200 external pump with spray bar. A skimmer but I don't think a very good one. Heater.

The rock is a mixture. I'll spread it all out and take a photo. It's been dry since February so any nasties should be dead, hopefully.... Not that we had any to my knowledge.

16. hillie

hillie Registered

P.s. Scroll down for the photos when it was up and running as the first few are photos of it when we shut it down.

Also still got the Arcadia T5 lighting system.

17. Simon@coralsworkshop

the rock would be great, could you bring it with you on the 1st of november? i think ill take the heater too. shame about the tank as its 15" deap and i only have a 12" space otherwise i may have had that too :rolleyes: still not sure what im going to do about lighting yet, ill have a chat with the neil:thumbup1:

18. hillie

hillie Registered

:2guns: :stop: Think outside the box, Simon. A chap with your skills could easy slice off the top 3" :crazy: :think:
    alternatively, get Neil to lower that woodwork :moil:

Yes, we'll bring the rock on 1st....no idea how much it all weighs tho.

I'll bring anything else that's transportable just in case. We've decided to go topless on our RSM130, so you never know, you might have something we can swap!

It might be a good idea to ask everyone who's coming to bring along anything they might want to swap or sell?

19. Neil

Neil Registered

Good idea about the swap shop

As for me lowering the hight its the width that needs to be 12" not the hight so 48x12x15 high

20. Neil

Neil Registered

Good idea about the swap shop

As for me lowering the hight its the width that needs to be 12" not the hight so 48x12x15 high

But what do you want for you tank anyway as we want to set up a QT system as well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice