• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Coral Box Moon Led

Jagger

Registered
Hi all.

I am wanting a nano led for my Aqua 40 and I have come across this one,which is a Coral box moon LED

I really can't find that much information on it so does anybody have one or know anything about it?

Also I want to keep mostly Sps.

Dan

Bob1888

Registered
Not had one but a quick search and the the consensus seems pretty good they're wi fi controllable most have said great for lps and some have had success with sps although it would be a risk with the more trickier sps

Jagger

Registered
Thank you for that Bob,maybe if I place the Sps at the very top you may get away with the moon led?

Also do you know if the maxspec razor fits on the Aqua 40 nano tank?

Bob1888

Registered
I would of thought the nano one will I had the larger 3 pad 420r for about 2 years great lights and grew sps great at all levels only got rid cause I upgraded

Mr Dave

Registered
Different SPS require different amounts of light. As long as your flow is strong and there is a decent amount of light they should be fine.
I would always say start the intensity low and slowly build it up. The corals will lose colour (Brown out) with too little light but will colour back up when the lighting is tweeked.
If you burn your corals there is a much less chance of them recovering.

Jagger

Registered
Different SPS require different amounts of light. As long as your flow is strong and there is a decent amount of light they should be fine.
I would always say start the intensity low and slowly build it up. The corals will lose colour (Brown out) with too little light but will colour back up when the lighting is tweeked.
If you burn your corals there is a much less chance of them recovering.

Thanks for your input Dave,that's the thing is the moon led sufficient enough for Sps I know the unit users cree LED so on paper it should be good enough,but I could do with some more information regarding the moon led.

Thanks Dan

Mr Dave

Registered
Thanks for your input Dave,that's the thing is the moon led sufficient enough for Sps I know the unit users cree LED so on paper it should be good enough,but I could do with some more information regarding the moon led.

Thanks Dan

Sorry Dan I can not answer that, to be honest I wouldn't risk it with SPS as some are far more demanding than others. After a quick browse of the net I can not find any articles saying yes or no.
I run 3 Radion XR30 pros over my reefer 525XL on 45% and have massive growth and great colours- My advise Radions all the way expensive but worth it.

Bob1888

Registered
Looking on fish streets page they have a post about it apparently it uses 5w Crees although it doesn't give details of colours so considering most LEDs use 3w should have quite a good output I've googled it and there's quite a bit about it with videos

Jagger

Registered
Sorry Dan I can not answer that, to be honest I wouldn't risk it with SPS as some are far more demanding than others. After a quick browse of the net I can not find any articles saying yes or no.
I run 3 Radion XR30 pros over my reefer 525XL on 45% and have massive growth and great colours- My advise Radions all the way expensive but worth it.

I really do like the look of Radions but the price puts me off, I am true Yorkshire man,tight as ducks arse in water :risas3: also Christmas coming too not good with three kids but thank you for your input

Last edited:

Jagger

Registered
Looking on fish streets page they have a post about it apparently it uses 5w Crees although it doesn't give details of colours so considering most LEDs use 3w should have quite a good output I've googled it and there's quite a bit about it with videos

Magic Bob,well 5w output is not bad at all so I think I may give them ago also I will start with montipora ect at the top and then try some acropora if the montipora look ok .

Thanks dan