• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Confused

Bob1888

Registered
Just looking at the people on line list is this an actual live list because I'm seeing names of people who long sold up and left the site years ago and that they're all just looking at the forum list. I would of thought with so many people on line I would expect the forum to be a bit more active than it is

Realist

Registered
You will be surprised who uses this and it was running on SB before I had it to inflate member usage.

Realist

Registered
All forums are quiet M8 not just SB but negativity is what drives people away, and if people don't contribute but only moan and groan what do you expect.

But SB is here to stay and I still have a few changes coming soon and more lots more advertisers coming on board too :).

Bob1888

Registered
I just don't see how it helps because the non existent people aren't going to post and if it's to attract new people that's all very well but if they come on and ask a question thinking there's loads of people on line to answer it and don't get an answer they're just gonna clear off again

Realist

Registered
Correct, this forum is quality, it has thread of information and when needed members will help, membership will increase regardless of what others think.

McPikie

Registered
I created a SaltyBox facebook page to direct people here. I hashtag #thesaltybox on most of my instagram posts to direct people here. I'm not being negative, I'm being honest.

damo666

Registered
I was a new member in December, and have to say the number of replies now in the help section is noticeably reduced. Now, I don't know what's gone on here, and I'm aware of the other forum site now up and running, but from my observations, salty box isn't the resource it was. That said, still a big fan of the help and support that is offered on here

Realist

Registered
And that's why members should support Salty Box the original forum with content and not some poor 2nd hand forum created by people that fell out with us.

SB is here to stay regardless what's said or has been done in the past.

cuprajake

Registered
the other forum isnt exactly on fire.

tbh i didnt think it would be. forums are simply old tech. think library vs google.

still useful,

you can ask a question on any number of fb pages and get an almost instant reply.

while forums have a more indepth info base, think you'll find most forums have shrunk.