1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Colour checker app

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by leopardshark, Nov 26, 2015.

1. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

Hi I've been thinking ... Has anyone ever tried marketing a colour checker app using your phone scanner ...

Wouldn't it help people a lot ?

2. 372xp

372xp Registered

No but I did consider utilising the drain to power an emergency back up battery, not enough interest apparently.

3. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

No I'm being serious who can read those colour charts

4. 372xp

372xp Registered

They are somewhat open to the opinion of the user. I found the best way to get an honest reading is to ask the wife what colour she thinks it matches. What are you suggesting? Something utilising the camera function which will compare to a default set of readings?

5. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

I wondered if you could use the technology you use to scan barcodes and stuff to scan your test vile and get an opinion of the colour

6. 372xp

372xp Registered

You would be relying on the test kit manufacturers making the app. I think it's a great idea but I think you would have to pay. The tech is already out there so it should be very do able.

7. Nudge

Nudge Registered

Just been looking at logging software for android kit and downloaded Aquarium Note which has a colour comparing tool built in.
    You take a photo of the sample on the test card and then choose 2 of the colours on the card to compare the sample against and it tells you which one it is closest match to if you cant decide yourself. Seems to work ok but a bit of a faff I guess, may help on the odd occasion though.

8. CEECH

CEECH Registered

As stated above i use my woman to look at the colours :) The technology you talk about is available but expensive.
    Sensor Instruments
    Digital checkers are a much cheaper means and can be allot more accurate also for testing water levels other than using a colour sensor for you charts to determine the closest colour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice