• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Clown fish

linley527

Registered
Hello
i am fairly new to marine fish keeping,but here is a question on clown fish
which types are compatable together
ie
percula/black-white with orange normal type?smiley-sex020

Realist

Registered
Welcome to the forum.

As above, it is not the best idea to mix them tbh or all hell will break loose. If you have a tank 5ft+ you may get away with 2 x different pairs of the same type.

buster123

Registered
Hi there all same as the above i have a comman and a black and white but still very young ones so you should be ok with young ones :sign0016:

hillie

Registered
Just a thought...we got a black clown and an orange one and we were advised on here (sorry can't remember by whom) that the orange one would turn black. In due course he did! They are both still thriving!

rabbut

Registered
Hello and :sign0016: Mixing more than one pair of same species clowns can be hit/miss. Some will be fine, others will try to murder each other. It's safest done in a larger tank where they can get away from each other, but that is still no guarantee...

jrob3rts

Registered
Hello, and welcome. Looks like your clown question has been answered and in my opinion, I would keep to matched pairs if possible.