1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Clinical Corner

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by [email protected], Jul 18, 2011.

1. Simon@coralsworkshop

[email protected] Registered

All the sides will have removable magnetic panels and the cupboard will have a lockable door to keep all the mad grannies away from the electrics Big Thumbs Up

[​IMG]

2. Neil

Neil Registered

I like Big Thumbs Up

3. Simon@coralsworkshop

now the hole in the sump for the overflow will be on the right hand side as im moving the tank to the left. this will make it easier to connect and maintain.

[​IMG]

as the tank has space on the right now, i can put the return on the outside instead of through weir.

[​IMG]

heres an idea of how i may put the pipework in for the glass sink. yes, this will be a sink made of glass and will be used for salt mixing and also general cleaning maintenance..... there will be 2 ball valves. one to the sump and one to the waste pipe. the overflow of the sump will also be linked to the waist which will then pass through a trap.

[​IMG]

the ballvalve that goes to the sump will go into the last chamber. the one with the return pump in it. im also think of rigging up a small pump at a certain hight in the sump that i can switch on to empty the same percentage of water that the glass sink will hold.... lazy :taunt:

4. Simon@coralsworkshop

btw, im getting quite good at google sketchup now :dance: even started using layers :-d

5. BillyLongPocketsShortArms

BillyLongPocketsShortArms Registered

You did that on google sketch up??? Kin ell took me hours to do a poxy box on there!!!! Whats the secret??

6. Simon@coralsworkshop

its a bit of a strange program but once you get the hang of it it's brilliant. i just watched a load of youtube vids and now i use it for everything. i desighned a whole extension with this program :eek: but ive also designed a small tuck box for a packet of playing cards. :thumbup1:

7. Stormin Normin

Stormin Normin Registered

Me too!...gave up in the end. All credit to those who can use it....wasn't aware there are you tube vids...may have another look:whistling:

8. Simon@coralsworkshop

i just search for tutorials. this one is quite good....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miC1hvWQjlQ&playnext=1&list=PL8DFBC08E49C6F3AA]‪Google SketchUp Toolbar Series: Push Pull‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

9. Simon@coralsworkshop

sorry chap, i missed this post :rolleyes:

ummm.....:tommy:

i have put it in situ..... i will start the move as soon as i get time. its very hectic at the moment because lou has left so i dont have a nurse. i have holidays booked and a few events booked and the battle lounge to sort out. i dont have time to breath at the moment and i dont want to rush it :taunt:

10. audia4

audia4 Registered

Hi Smiles,

Just thought I'd have a look at your thread and I have to say WOW, this is going to be awesome! And you are quite the whiz on sketchup lol! Looks like you have quite a serious sump design, think I should take some inspiration ;)

Mo

11. Simon@coralsworkshop

Thanks cheers Big Thumbs Up i first found out about sketchup on The Salty Box! about 2 years ago and i have been using it ever since then for all sorts of things, i love it.

im luck as i have a lot of space for my sump so im making the most of it to increase the amount overall water volume to help keep the prams stable.

12. Simon@coralsworkshop

been messing about on sketchup again and have designed a sink for cleaning and mixing

[​IMG]

13. Simon@coralsworkshop

borrowing a frag tank from my good friend Neil :thumbup1:

[​IMG]

Made some high quality light stands out of the finest wood

[​IMG]

lobbed all my corals in... :eek:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

as you can see they are absolutely thrilled to be in their new home :dance:

14. Neil

Neil Registered

Glad you got it set up Simon

15. Simon@coralsworkshop

im having problems with my computer thingy now... when i plug it in it trips all electric in the clinic :eek: so i have no lights on my corals at the moment. im going to go in tomorrow and see if i can figure out what the **** is going on and sort it out :club:

16. Neil

Neil Registered

did you get any water in it ?

17. Simon@coralsworkshop

no i dont think so. as it was on and working before i unplugged it but it is possible, im gunna open it up if its still not working.:wink: btw, how much are they to replace? any idea...:eek:

18. Simon@coralsworkshop

this is my powerbar
    [​IMG]

and i opened it up to have a peek inside to see what had happened

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok, not great but looks like it might be fixable. i had a hunt round for my soldering iron but couldnt find it. just as well really because im not very good with a soldering iron, i can do big things that need a lot of blobs of solder in random areas with varying amounts of drizzled flux, but circuit boards, probably not a good idea. Neil has turned up just in the nick of time and offered to do it for me. i hope he can fix it because i cant afford to by a new one! :biggrin:cheers chap.

19. Simon@coralsworkshop

maybe i got a little bit in it :pardon:

20. Neil

Neil Registered

tell them what else was in there as well Simon ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice