1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Clean up Crew. Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Paul K, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Paul K

Paul K Registered

Hi there,

I am looking at getting a new selection of clean-up crew for my new tank. Preciously I have bought from whichever LFS had a decent selection. However my LFS’s don’t all seen to stock what I am after. I am willing to travel a bit further afield and ideally want to buy from one shop.

The other option would be mail order, I have only once bought critters online and that was 3-4 years ago. Any recommendations and reviews on suppliers. I have seen the usual advertisers on here but am looking at all options

I am after
    Nassarius, Ceriths, Astrea/Turbo Snails and various hermits.

Thanks

2. Wal35

Wal35 Registered

You can go to the Advertisers section and see who is closest to you.

Website the only one i used before is coralmailorder

but nothing better than going to LFS as even if they do not have what you want you can ask them to order them for you

hope that helps

3. merser

merser Registered

You should be able to get that lot from any shop really! Where are you located mate?

Jamie

4. Paul K

Paul K Registered

I'm from Leicester. Last trip to LFS didn't show much variety in stock. Masses of corals and Fish which will be great in a while but not for CUC.

5. merser

merser Registered

If going for mail order I think fishermans frags are decent. I'm in the north west so the shops are a bit far away!

6. sa80mark

sa80mark Registered

7. Colin

Colin Registered

Fishmans are first class with mail order, I've ordered a few times and never had anything but praise for them

8. Hazey

Hazey Registered

As already mentioned, Chris at FishmansFrags always has a massive selection of critters in stock. His main business is mail order so he knows what he is doing so give him a call, you'll find his details in the sponsors section

Dave

9. ClownAllen

ClownAllen Registered

Hi Paul

I'm from Leicester too, Just curious to see what's your LFS? I've used Clearwater Aquatics before, there always willing to help! I'm sure they can order them in for you.

Allen

10. Paul K

Paul K Registered

I mainly use Clearwater and have done for many years. Never has any problems with them, its just that they don't have all that I am after at the moment. I have dropped Dream reef an email to see what they have in.

11. Nemo35

Nemo35 Registered

U can get on line

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice