• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Christmas Get Together for the Salty Box Members!

Realist

Registered
santa-dance.gif
A Salty Box Christmas Get Together !

I would like to organise a Christmas get together for the Salty Box Members with a stay over night in a Travelodge / Holiday Inn type place (nice and cheap!) if your coming some distance.

If we have the stop overnight we can get more of you up to the North West to have a good look round. I would like to sort this for sometime late Nov to mid December for a Saturday night and then off to view the NW LFS on the Sunday and there are plenty of them! We can have a meal then off to the pub for drinks. It would be great to all meet before Christmas and have a good drink together.

Please add your name to the thread if you are interested and we can then look at accomadation, I was thinking around the Manchester area as thats where most of the LFS are [thumbup1.gif] .

UPDATE - DATE IS NOW THE 28TH NOVEMEBER 2009
MEETING AT THE TRAFFORD CENTRE - TIME TO BE CONFIRMED

ATTENDING

cdurkin100
tigerissey
wave ace
northernmonkey
whipitup
fishworld
jasondh
penfold
[email protected] - Mark
Planets85
SmilesDental
Captain-Nemo

G

Im sorry I wont be able to attend but I hope everyone has a great time xxxx

Neil

Registered
could we do it late November as it looks like the 5th is out for northenmonkey and the 19th is a bit close to the big day

northernmonkey

Registered
End of Nov good for me . Just a thought I know it might be a daft idea but how about Blackpool for the meet ? Only reason I mention it is my mate has a hotel and I could get a very good deal . Just throwing ideas about .

Realist

Registered
What about November 28th?

Its better down here Scott, only for the reason of all the LFS. So if people are coming up to the NW they are in the middle of them all.

Are we happy on the 28th November then. [thumbup.gif]

Whipitup

Registered
I'm up for this, not to bothered about the date, and I need to speak to Kaz to see if she's up for it too.

Realist

Registered
The more we get on this the better, it will be a good chance to all meet for a social beer and have a good natter, so get your name down [thumbup.gif]

Im sure even a few of the shops can come down seeing as we always come to you [005.gif]

TigerIssey

Registered
Part of me wants Andrew come on the night out [thumbup.gif]

Put I don't want him to come shopping the next day. [001_tt2.gif]

Do you think we could drug him so he stays in bed whilst I shop [005.gif]

northernmonkey

Registered
Would be nice if maybe a couple of the advertisers could throw in a couple of prizes and maybe have a bit of a raffle on the night with the money going to a charity ? A guest speaker or two ?