1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Cheato in nano

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by dj23bol, Mar 20, 2014.

1. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

Hey guys so just ordered some cheato for my aquanano 55l and some copepods and phyto ive already noticed some amhipods on my liverock and about 7 tiny snails that look like narsusis snails but have stripes on the shells but they are so small like the size of a copepod, my question is with the cheato do I just put it in a rear sump compartment and keep it lit 24hrs a day? Im planning on putting some mangroves in aswell eventually with liverock rubble I have about 9.5kg of fully matured rock in the display
    [​IMG]

2. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

Got loads of these on my liverock any ideas
    [​IMG]

3. Diverwez

Diverwez Registered

yeah if it will go in the back thats fine, i lit mine 24 hours with no ill effects some people revers light aswell, also i wouldnt bother with mangroves

4. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

Okidoke ive heard good things about them but will see how I get on with the cheato first

5. Darren@BigBlue

[email protected] Registered

"some" mangroves? No sir, not in a tank that size..... Not sure why you need chaeto either in 55l it's do easy to do water changes on that size of tank. Place some Rowaphos in the back compartment, a little good quality carbon and Robert is your mother's brother. No need to over complicate things....

6. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

Just wanted to try and use my mini sump to its full potential as its my first sump I dont really see the harm of trying the natural nitrate and phosphate removers intead and use rowa if I start to struggle from an external. Cheers for the input tho fella and I will keep it in mind

7. Darren@BigBlue

[email protected] Registered

No problem at all. It's fun to experiment I know. It's just that you could achieve the same, or better result with less effort and less energy consumption. Have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice