1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Changing Tanks

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Scuba, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Scuba

Scuba Registered

Hi looking for advice on changing from one tank to another with minimum upset!
    Started back up last year after a 5 year break & went for as I thought at the time an easy option. Red Sea max s400 it doesn’t do what it’s says on the tin! So I have decided to transfer over to a Red Sea reefer 425
    So got everything thing I need lighting, skimmer, Doser the only problem is I set up with Aquaroche & I hate it so want to go back to natural rock of which I have loads unfortunately it’s not live . So am going to set it all out & do a lovely scape with it but don’t want to go through six week cycle again & the ugly stage & algae!
    All advice is welcome
    Cheers Keith,

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

can you get some of the new rock now to get it seeded ??

3. Scuba

Scuba Registered

Yes mate got it all in a massive cooler box out side it was removed from tank I just bought last week

Attached Files:

4. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

id put all water change water onto it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice