• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Changes To Post Count

marinemad73

Registered
It seems to me that this post has fell into the twilight zone....from post count to a bit of innuendo. at this time of night no kids will see it or even get the meaning of some of the things said and if they do they are old enough to understand its banter. Some people on this thread need to lighten up and see this for what it is , a marine forum. If people want banter there should be a section and it should be kept to that.

liam0

Registered
do you want a cuddle
A 'special' one?
It seems to me that this post has fell into the twilight zone....from post count to a bit of innuendo. at this time of night no kids will see it or even get the meaning of some of the things said and if they do they are old enough to understand its banter. Some people on this thread need to lighten up and see this for what it is , a marine forum. If people want banter there should be a section and it should be kept to that.
Exactly, it's a hobby. Something people do to enjoy, if people come here to be serious then fair play but have to realise that people want a giggle too.
I changed your user name's "y" into the "I" to make it like the animal. The Guinness was a deliberate mis spelling of genius to add further irony. Funny and deep but I guess if you had to ask it was just deep
i got it, but that is coz we is spiritually bonded :)

doug_amanda

Admin
Staff member
Not any more. Keep up at the back *tsk* ;)

Aw !! put 'em back Jenny,, It doesn't look right without them.

Have you seen what kids are looking at nowadays? It wont be long before there's warnings on TV and music videos saying,, Over18s may find the content offensive.

A little smiley never hurt anyone,, in the hands of a skilled user anyway.

marinemad73

Registered
Liam I understand that more than some ....but to make everyone happy maybe we should have a section where anything goes, so if people don't want to see it they don't have to.

jennybugs

Registered
That has been discussed before, but general consensus was this is a marine forum and an over 18's section was not necessary - a bit like the general sales section of the classifieds ;)

marinemad73

Registered
That has been discussed before, but general consensus was this is a marine forum and an over 18's section was not necessary - a bit like the general sales section of the classifieds ;)

There will always be people that are offended by the smallest thing, there will always be people who will want to push boundaries on a thread.i am sure that a lounge as Matt called it would help these situations.

jd5000

Registered
Ohh dear i fear i mentioned a naughty word and started a thread invasion i will read the rules and promise not to have a ligthearted laugh on a saturday night again.
i apologise for leading liam and matt astray but it doesnt take much .now i am going to throw away all the xbox games and playstation games that swear, murder, break the law ,show people driving fast cars and blowing up buildings .
ohh yeh i dont need to my child is 19 .i am sorry but if this forum /thread is risky to a child health then i suggest you get rid of the computer before they see what else is out there and take their mobile phones off them and their tablets and stop them watching the only way is essex.
there i have had a rant.
julie

marinemad73

Registered
How dare you Julie...consider yourself told off...by ....yourself ? Please keep all rants and option to the lounge !

white66

Registered
A 'special' one?

Exactly, it's a hobby. Something people do to enjoy, if people come here to be serious then fair play but have to realise that people want a giggle too.
i got it, but that is coz we is spiritually bonded :)

i have just had a bath so ya you can have special:thumbup1:

jennybugs

Registered
I don't have kids so have no worries on that score for me. I wasn't pointing fingers at any one person/post/thread as I mentioned before, in case the crux of that rant was aimed at me :)

liam0

Registered
Ohh dear i fear i mentioned a naughty word and started a thread invasion i will read the rules and promise not to have a ligthearted laugh on a saturday night again.
i apologise for leading liam and matt astray but it doesnt take much .now i am going to throw away all the xbox games and playstation games that swear, murder, break the law ,show people driving fast cars and blowing up buildings .
ohh yeh i dont need to my child is 19 .i am sorry but if this forum /thread is risky to a child health then i suggest you get rid of the computer before they see what else is out there and take their mobile phones off them and their tablets and stop them watching the only way is essex.
there i have had a rant.
julie

I refuse to believe there are worse things for a child's eyes than this forum on the internet. I shall investigate further, leave it with me.