1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured cctv cameras

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by warby, Mar 23, 2014.

1. warby

warby Registered

hi, we have been having problems with people trying to brake in to our house and the garage someone has been in the back garden 7-8 times now and done damage to fences and garage door e.t.c. so we are looking at cctv cameras iv got a basic idea about them but wondering if anyone can help out with places to buy from preferably in manchester area.

looking at either a 2 or 4 camera kit, from what iv read we want 600tvl or better camera. i can install the kit my self so just looking for supply.

thanks in advance :)

2. liam0

liam0 Registered

[MENTION=19071]Lo_pan[/MENTION] may be able to help mate

3. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

The company I work for only sell to installers not public but with you being local I might be able to sort something.

Just drop us a pm if you want some prices or just some advice.

4. Beardy100

Beardy100 Registered

There is one in cheethamhill

Camyco Security Ltd
    50 Bury New Rd, Manchester, Lancashire, M8 8EL
    Tel: 0161 834 5965

5. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

On st georges rd in bolton, cant remember name of shop but I got a kit from there and the cameras are great quality. Infrared, metal hard outer casing, ball type design, hard drive. Dont think it was over £600.

6. Sammy8921

Sammy8921 Registered

Costco in Oldham and Trafford sell a number of different cctv camera sets aimed at commercial, business and personal use. Think they have them listed on their website.

7. warby

warby Registered

well the missus and her mum went to costco yesterday and came back with a swann 4 camera kit nice and easy to install.....but can i get it to connect to the tv lol. was on the phone to swann last night and said that i needed a plug and play monitor for initial set up as it wouldnt work on a lg tv. so after getting hold of one it still didnt work......looks like i will be spending more time on the phone to the phillippene call centre........

8. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

I have no experience with the Swan kits but I fail to see why it won't work on an LG TV.

What outputs does the DVR have?

9. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

And how far is the TV from the DVR?

10. warby

warby Registered

Dvr has hdmi and vga outputs, and the dvr is next to the tv.

11. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

So I take it you get nothing from either of these on the TV? It should have an analogue output which is a BNC type connector as well, or at least I would be very surprised if it didn't.

If it has you can connect this to the TV if your TV has the usual yellow, red, white phono connectors on it. Or you can use scart with one of the scart adapters that have the y,r,w phono connectors on it.

I could make you a bnc to phono cable today if you need it?

12. warby

warby Registered

All we get is a loading screen with Swann logo and text saying please wait then it goes black. I was told last night i needed a plug and play monitor as the video output was set by default to vga which it doesn't say in the manual. In the manual it says use hdmi for best quality. The pictures show the back of the dvr and the box with model no e.t.c on.

Attached Files:

13. warby

warby Registered

sorry pics uploaded by tapatalk re done them via pc so you can view bigger image:
    WP_20140324_001.jpg
    WP_20140323_001.jpg

14. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

Ok no bnc on there but from what you said the display will only show on one monitor at a time anyway so might not of worked.

So what's the issue, your LG doesn't have vga or you think it's just not compatible with the current resolution the DVR is on?

Do you have a PC monitor you can connect to it?

15. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

Sorry just to be clear..

If you connect to a vga monitor or TV you should be able to go in the menu and change the vga/hdmi resolution to 720 or 1080 save it then reconnect to hdmi.

16. warby

warby Registered

I tryed i normal pc monitor and the exact same thing happens, just get loading screen then goes blank. The tv has vga and hdmi i tried both of them aswell as a pc monitor getting the same results no matter what i do. Starting to think its a dodgy box.

17. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

Sounds like it could be mate, most the time (but not always) the TV/monitor being used will display an out of range error if it's just an incompatible resolution.

I know DVRs can sometimes take a while to boot but no more than 5 min.

As I said earlier I have no expierence with the Swan stuff so unless there's some odd ball way of setting it up then it sounds like it's not finishing boot.

18. warby

warby Registered

Thanks for trying to help lo_pan. Looks like another wait on the phone to Swann tech support lol. Ill post back and let you know what the out come is just for future reference :)

19. Lo_pan

Lo_pan Registered

No worries mate, will be interesting to see what the problem is.

20. Sammy8921

Sammy8921 Registered

Good thing about Costco is if your not happy just take it back for a refund.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice