1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Carp fishing equipment

Discussion in 'General Sales' started by Scott, May 6, 2016.

1. Scott

Scott Registered

I am considering selling my carping kit... I have some really nice equipment

Seeing what kind of interest I get

For example...

2x3ptc greys prodigy and one 3.25ptc greys prodigy rods (3 same but diff tc)
    3 shimano xte10000 aero reels
    2 man chub smaxx Bivvy and winter skin
    Korum XL ruck bag matching bait bag
    Terminal tackle
    Diawa sund ridge all in one wireless alarm bar and fox Xpod
    Jrc xtra wide bedchair
    Loads of other good kit

I've spent approx 2k on my kit but I have no reason to go anymore I used to take my stepdaughter most weekends but unfortunately that isn't the case any longer and I don't really want to go fishing anymore.

Let me know if interested or ask if I have kit you want.

Scott

2. Saltydan

Saltydan Registered

Sold all my carping gear before daughter was born last year and tbh regretted selling it now , although like you I don't have the time or want to go fishing. Still wish I'd hung on to it though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Scott

Scott Registered

I'll be honest pal I used to enjoy it just me and soph, but given the situation I just don't want to go anymore. It's sat in the garage now and it's causing me issue thinking about it so maybe time to sell it. Only put it on here because I know a few ppl who keep fish also like fishing... But if no interest I'll stick it on the bay or gumtree see if I can't get it all sold. I really don't think I'll want to go fishing again

4. Saltydan

Saltydan Registered

I've got a few mates who still go carp fishing so I'll give them a shout to see if they need anything and get back to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. livingjewels

livingjewels Registered

I've got the same feeling, although I know when my son gets older if I sold up now then I'll regret it further down the line.

I work on the principle if you don't use it you don't need it..but only sell it if your strapped for cash..so be a hoarder like me..:stop:

It will cost you more to rebuy it all again ..

6. city1111

city1111 Registered

Kept mine, untouched for a bout 3 or 4years in the lockup, then dusted it all off last year new line etc and went a few times last year with my lil lad ,great time glad I kept it now

7. Scott

Scott Registered

I've got loads of really nice kit.... I just don't have the heart to use it so to speak so I won't be going again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice