1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Can Anyone Recommend A Decent Return Pump

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by Fearnus, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Fearnus

Fearnus Registered

I recently bought some second hand equipment and just realised the eheim return pump has no rubber feet or anything so I think I might just get a new pump as I'm worried this could be noisy.

I think I'd be looking at a dc pump that can be controlled. I keep seeing bad reviews tho so I'm asking for advice has anyone got any suggestions.

My tank will be a red sea reefer 170 so won't be a massive pump. But anyone have suggestion on pumps and sizes I'd be grateful thankyou in advance

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Take a look at the jecod (jebao) pumps, I would think you would want something like the DCT600, 2000lph,
    I’ve been using one of these return pumps, albeit a bigger one for nearly two years now with no problems at all and it’s virtually silent.

3. Fearnus

Fearnus Registered

Thanks I'm take a look

4. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

I think tmc do something worth looking at
    I have one on my reactors

5. Landshark

Landshark Registered

I use the ecotech vectra s1
    Surpisingly powerful for a small pump. Obviously usual high quality build and holds its value if you want to upgrade in the future

6. shazants

shazants Registered

I second the Jaebo return pumps .... I have had zero issues with mine and can't hear a peep out of it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice