1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Byrdie's AquaEl 30lt tank

Discussion in 'Pico Tanks (0-10gal)' started by Byrdie, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Byrdie

Byrdie Registered

Hi everyone,

I have been after one of these for a while now and have just got it :clap: I have it on my bedside cabinet so I can look at it all night long lol It has been set up for 4 days and I am already in love with it. I have 5kg of rock in there and I think I will need to get some more. Got my rock from Fletch at the Liverpool Reef Centre and he is a great guy, he had the time to talk to me about all kinds of tank related things and he even took the rock out of his display tanks for me as he never had any other lr in so my rock is well matured and full of live which is great as my other tanks rock was full of aiptasia and manjano so I burned and scraped that so there is no life in it. A feather duster was attached to one of the rocks :whistling: and has been doing great in my lil baby. There is all kinds of see through creatures in the rock and I have found 2 slugs so far, they just suck on the rocks and all of them only come out when the blue light is on, so I have got stuff to watch even though there is only the feather in there :lol:

Here are a few pics that my hubby took today of the pico the scape is naff but I will rearrange it very soon as I don't like it.

View attachment 56626 View attachment 56627 View attachment 56628 View attachment 56629 View attachment 56630

View attachment 56631

I would really like to use this tank as a mandarin breeding tank but I am not sure about it, I have been reading the thread of the high end if the lows 30 lts tank. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Byrdie :wave:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice