1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Booster Pump

Discussion in 'Little Ocean' started by Snapey, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Snapey

Snapey Registered

If it isn't could you let mw know how much so i can buy one and could you find out how much a diaphram kit is.
    I need a few test kits aswell so ill just get it all at once.

2. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

Yes that's the shut off kit, it just states in the description you need a high pressure switch if using with a booster pump , so if you didn't buy the high pressure switch you wouldn't have had one .

They're here http://www.littleocean.co.uk/shop/high-pressure-switch.html

I'll ask to see if you can repair and let you know

3. Snapey

Snapey Registered

great, ill buy that, does it replace the shut off valve i have, does it also turn the power to the pump off.
    I have had a look at the pump im sure a new diaphram is all i need.

Thanks for the help its why i keep coming back to buy my equipment from you :)
    I recommend you to everyone :D

4. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

cheers, appreciated, I have asked to see if you can get the diaphragm separately, the high pressure switch does not replace anything, it goes between the float valve and the membrane output, so the high pressure activates the switch, you then break the 24V dc power supply to the booster pump and run it via the switch, either by soldering the wires onto the switch or using some 5mm crimp spade connectors.

5. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

There's no diaphragm kit available from my UK supplier, as they pretty much cost the same as the pump , if you did want to repair it you might be able to find something online ?

6. Viking

Viking Registered

7. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

You mean D&D ? Osmotics don't do them as they said they cost as much as the pump it'self

8. Viking

Viking Registered

Yep, that's the badger. :thumbup1:

9. Snapey

Snapey Registered

I have sent them a message but the one they sell doesnt look the same as mine so i will have to see.

I stripped it down today and it dows get up to about 50psi so still useable, what i didnt expect and actually made me think it was a goose was the pressure gauge isn't working my friend put his on and it showed a pressure. the one that originally came with my ro unit was broke in transit so you sent me a different one in the post its this one that isnt working now. so guess ill be having to buy a new gauge aswell.
    not having much luck.

10. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

typical :-/ no mate, I can't stretch to a new pump, but I'll send a new gauge to you no problem

11. Eaval

Eaval Registered

Whats the max pressure rating of the pump at shut vavle head and the max rating of the gauge?

You may have taken the gauge over its useable limit - or was it never workin?

12. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

Not sure on those, but the gauge certainly has high enough on the dial , think I've had one read 150psi before

13. Snapey

Snapey Registered

I appreciate that. More than a little gutted I can't get a new diaphragm DnD only do a new diaphragm for the pump they sell and it's only £16.00. I'm going to have to buy the booster shut off kit aswell so if u could pop the guague in with that. Saves on postage.
    I hate being this cheeky but what's the best price u could do me a replacement pump. It's the 75gpd I had off u last time. I tried contacting echem but it's Chinese so no joy there.
    Could u pm a price for a new connector to the copper pipe the tap one.
    the booster shut off
    New booster pump
    Pressure guague
    Any connectors I will need to attach the booster shut off
    AnD the replacement kit for the rod unit. Everything apart from the resin.

14. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

Hi mate, I'm out of stock of the booster shut off, but can price it up to ship direct if you like , If I were you I'd risk that dd head, I would have thought they're all the same .. Obviously I don't know until someone tries tho .

15. Snapey

Snapey Registered

As soon as your back can you order me the high pressure shut off I need a few other bits so ill wait till u say you have me one ready so u can ship it all together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice