1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Aqua Nano One 60/100l

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Steven durber, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Steven durber

Steven durber Registered

Hi people I'm new to this forum I'm currently keeping tropical fish which unfortunately my tanks temperature dropped and the fish now have velvet I've lost a few loved fish and lost the heart to keep going with the tropicals so I've decided I want to turn my tank into a small reef tank with a few fish so I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of what I need to do. Lights pumps etc I want to keep it as simple as possible and any info I'm very grateful for thanks guys

Kind regards

Steve

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

First thing you will need to do is decide what type of reef you want to keep

Fish only or with corals
    Then if you go for corals soft or hard?

And shame about you current take

3. Steven durber

Steven durber Registered

I want soft coral then just a few fish bit I don't know how I would pipe a sump up would I have to drill the tank then what skimmers filters etc would be recommended and lost me clown loaches which we grew from tiny that's the only reason we've kept the tank going but now there gone I want to adventure into something better brighter and beautiful thanks for the reply

4. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

Some great skimmers out there
    I prefer the Nyos ones
    But have used Bubble Magus in the past asnd liked them too

You can use overflow boxes but drilled is the better option
    And actually quite easy to do. Though nerve wracking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice