1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Aqua Medic Antired

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by damo666, Oct 31, 2017.

1. damo666

damo666 Registered

Hi all.
    As you may have noticed in a previous post I've been struggling with a cyano outbreak. Despite various actions I haven't managed to shift it. I was buying some new tmc reef tide wave makers on Monday when in discussion I said I wanted something programmable to try and maximize flow around my tank due to cyano. The guy suggested using this treatment as he had used it without any problems. Was after any feedback if anyone has experience of it as couldn't find much online about it. I never use anything in my system without thoroughly checking it out first. Thanks.

2. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

1st off the instructions on the bottle are terrible, find the "proper" instructions online as they give detailed dosing instructions. I don't think its antibiotic type medication as per Chemiclean. I have used it recently on what i thought was Cyno but did not touch it but on further growth mine looks more like dino.

3. damo666

damo666 Registered

I wasn't impressed by the instructions either, to be honest, hence my apprehension to use it despite lfs recommendations. Did it have any negative impact on fish/corals? Thanks

4. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

Saw no impact on fish or corals. Skimmer went mad as expected.

5. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Does the LFS sell it :rolleyes:?

Seems to be a common trend that some lfs's will tell you anything in order to move on their stock and take your hard earned cash (inappropriate fish, additives/potions, etc....) :mad:.

6. damo666

damo666 Registered

Yes Steve, lfs sold it to me. However, gave me advice based on their own experience, at least that's what they said, and warned me to keep a watchful eye on my skimmer aces up. Thanks

7. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

Aquamedic are respected brand and Anti Red its use is specific for cynobacteria.

I don't really see this a LFS pushing items.

8. alex43

alex43 Registered

I have used it twice to great affect follow instructions and you won't go wrong and download them from the site as impossible to read on the bottle

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

9. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Just saying.....that some do o_O Which is why having these forums to get additional advice/opinions on products is such a good thing :)

10. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Damo666 , be interesting to see before and after pictures and your thoughts on the product - if it works or not

11. damo666

damo666 Registered

Ok all, despite my reservations I'll give it a go, with before and after pics Shady. Alas still won't get me to the bottom of why the outbreak started.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice