1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen these before?? - The Söchting Oxydator

Discussion in 'Filtration / ULNS' started by Realist, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Realist

Realist Registered

2. Neil

Neil Registered

there has been a long thread going on about them on that other forum

3. Realist

Realist Registered

I know lol. What do you think Neil?

4. Neil

Neil Registered

Not been reading it got bored after the 5th page

5. Realist

Realist Registered

Thats Les for you lol

6. Neil

Neil Registered

:-:eek:

7. Clearwater

Clearwater Registered

Hi Chris

this simple technology should work, but what are you hoping to achieve with it?

Higher Redox?
    I would want to measure this if I was using a Söchting Oxydator
    would be simpler, safer and cheaper than Ozone

Clearer water?
    Activated Carbon works well and has other benefits

8. les

les Registered

Oi! I heard that....PARDON?

12507479_10153885231971100_7628043191220867637_n.jpg

9. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

I had one once, but gave up on it as I believed it was not of any great benefit to my tank and after using it I lost both my blood red fire shrimps :(

I found it also a bit large and cumbersome to use (and did not trust that it was working as it should :eek:).

10. les

les Registered

Re shrimps, that's interesting as Oxydator's are a BIG favorite with FW shrimp keepers and breeders. Does not mean marine shrimps should be the same however my Pep shrimps were fine with Oxydator's.
    My Oxydator's are in my sump and take up a lot less space compared to some of my other equipment.
    Most people who use Oxydator's report improved water clarity and quality, not sure why yours should be any different but then again not all systems are the same or equipment used. Like others I know I wouldn't set up a system now without one and much prefer it over ozone, and yes I have used ozone in the past before discovering Oxydator's. However you pays your money and takes your pick.

11. les

les Registered

Does work and works very well, they have been around many years and are proven o work in all types of aquaria.

No need to measure the redox with an Oxydator providing you don't go silly with the % of peroxide. Oxydators are proven safe and IMO and IME is safer than Ozone which you really need a controller to get the most benefits and be safe adding to the considerable expense over an Oxydator which is far cheap than a decent ozoniser esp with a controller and yes I have used them in the past but not since I discovered Oxydators.

Of course, it works in what it does and an Oxydator also has many other benefits again that proven over many years plus hydrogen peroxide is much cheaper than carbon. Oxydators also add O2 safely to the water along with many other benefits. Nothing wrong with carbon at all I just prefer Oxydators but do use a little no w and again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice