• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

aipasita

ccuk

Registered
what is the best way to get shut off these little buggers , got the red sea AP x , what a bout burning the rock were they are with a blow torch NAPARM the buggers

cleverdave2k

Registered
Ive found only way to get rid of them is peppermints or a bhaingai nudi.Ive tryd all the treatments and they get rid of them for about a week then they tend to return but see through so there harder spot ive also tryd shoving a soldering iron on them ,lemon juice and kalk with no luck

Realist

Registered
The aptiasia x you are using I have heard from many people just makes the problem worse. If you can get the rock out, burn them off. Failing that I use gro-tech api-x remover its much better.

ccuk

Registered
i can get 4 true peppermint shrimps for £28 i think these would be a good investment i also have one in the tank already , also when waters matured a bit going after a copper band i believe these will also eat it

Realist

Registered
Pepermints yes, they will do a great job. I would avoid the copperband tbh. They are very hard to get feeding and often die. IMO better left in the ocean.

ccuk

Registered
i m8 i have herd a lot of people say this i have also herd people have em feeding out there hands , going to grow copipods and rotifers thought this might help