1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

AI sol - price slash in the US

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by Sandy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Sandy

Sandy Registered

Apparently AquaIllumination announced at MACNA the new pheonix unit, wireless controllable units and a price slash across the range...

sol to $399 (£249) , nano to $299 (£187) :w00t: lets hope theirs a price drop over here (not holding breath)

im considering getting one of these units from john at dreamreef, but with this price drop(if it happens),it makes them HALF the price they are here :eek:

i know d+d the importer have to pay transport costs, import taxes etc but the current price of £499 + controller costs make this unit too expensive for most reefers and if you are thinking of getting one spend an extra £30 ish and get an ecotech radion led unit

AquaIllumination Offers Free Wireless Controllers for Sol | AquaNerd

AquaIlluminations Sol Now Offered in Black | AquaNerd

lets hope there is a price drop cos i want one for my outhouse nano :whistling:, but i aint going to be ripped off

sandy

2. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

MaRiNe_MaDnEsS Registered

We can only hope sandy :D

3. mrbluefox

mrbluefox Registered

Sounds interesting...I wonder what their new device packs and whether it gets colour / UV LEDs as well as the blue, white, ultra blue combo?

Saw an interesting article in Coral by Sanjay Joshi about what he's using...worth a look.

Certainly making for an interesting next few years (when I'll just be ready to move on from halides!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice