1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured 350 black

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by nodster, Jul 22, 2015.

1. nodster

nodster Registered

Sorry guys I'm still here just been doing a long stint of 12 hour nights and not had no time , like work and sleep , tank is still doing fine apart from algae doing my head in ie new tank syndrome also still messing with doser just had to alter it tonight as alk had risen over the week , looks like I have an ich outbreak so currently dosing with polyp lab medic , thinking of adding a uv to the tank at some stage , I've just got 2 more nights to go and then I get a break and will look into everyone threads soon as Big Thumbs Up

2. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Happy days good to see your ok [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] and everything is going ok

3. CEECH

CEECH Registered

No worries just checking on you , i know when you are busy at work that is it :) I tend to blast away in the morning and then take a break and again in the evening and meetings well do as i please when i can lol Waiting on some pictures my friend :)

4. nodster

nodster Registered

Just for you Ceech I've done some more pictures, as you can see plenty of algae about so have done a dose of chemiclean to see if its cyano , as a result of adding this I've added an airstone near my return pump with this I can keep oxygen levels up so plenty of tiny bubbles about tank , fish don't seem to be bothered , ich outbreak still showing its ugly head been dosing for 4 days now who knows if this stuff works

[​IMG]

~[​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

Also I've added more flow to the display got a delivery this morning

~
    [​IMG][/URL

~
    [​IMG][/URL

5. frazzle121180

frazzle121180 Registered

Rw4 is a cracking wee wave maker. I use mine on pulse mode rather than continuously

6. nodster

nodster Registered

I here that frazzle121180 I've got it on w1 full power and its certainly pushing water around. I like the size too got the wp-25 on the other side of tank and its an eyesore at 3 times the size , thinking of getting another rw4 to replace it with only paid 41 quid for it with free delivery Big Thumbs Up

7. frazzle121180

frazzle121180 Registered

Bloody good price that, where from as I might need another one

8. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Get them cheap on ebay

9. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Nice pictures buddy ☺ is that a month pirate plate ? I am sure your algae will clear up in time just part of the process as they say. I am starting to get coralline algae in tank now. But I like it ☺

10. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Oh yes I use pulsing on mine also but not on full power was too much lol rw4 are great piece of kit.

11. nodster

nodster Registered

Morning all , frazzle121180 got it from fish street mate took about a week and a half to get here but all's good and like I say free postage which you have to watch out for on fish street Big Thumbs Up hello Ceech I've no idea what plate it is or even if it may be an encrusting as I'm seeing a growth pattern , instead of growing out its growing straight down around the edges , bargain as well mate 15 quid it was and as big as my palm my camera can't seem to pick the colours out on all my corals the colours are much vivid and darker than the camera picks up

12. nodster

nodster Registered

The one coral I'm most pleased with is the birds nest it was all washed out with burnt tips which [email protected] kindly gave to me as a freebie , I trimmed the burnt ends off aggressively and slowly its coming back , looks like its a green flesh with purple polyps and looking back when I first got it, it sure is fast growing Big Thumbs Up Ceech I agree mate the algae just has to take its course to burn itself out , must remember to do some tests later

13. CEECH

CEECH Registered

I have to say i love my birds nest also looks great in the tank. I know what you mean about the colours of the colours when taking pictures it really does not do them justice :) I would hate to think how much i would have to pay for the coral you paid 15 for :-(

14. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes I keep forgetting Ceech how expensive this hobby is where you are, must be a real bummer having to pay that amount you've payed for stuff

15. CEECH

CEECH Registered

**** it is what it is , i have no choice if i want to have salty tank. I think it is worth it :) my tank is rammed with corals so not much space left anyways lol. Just need to figure the last fish :)

16. tyger

tyger Registered

Then the upgrade !!!!!

17. CEECH

CEECH Registered

man i will be divorced before i was even married if i mentioned an upgrade of my tank now lol. I will just be happy with what i have for now :)

18. tyger

tyger Registered

HystericalHystericalHysterical

19. CEECH

CEECH Registered

its not funny its true i would be smiley-sex020

20. tyger

tyger Registered

I'm always told I love the tank more than her lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice