1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured 350 black

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by nodster, Jul 22, 2015.

1. nodster

nodster Registered

My thoughts also [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] he is proper mowing it down , just done some tests and clean skimmer change socks out clean glass usual maintenance

Phosphate 0
    Nitrate 10
    Calcium 500+ oops think I dosed a bit too much liquid calcium from doing last test , no biggie just leave alone to come down on its own
    Alkalinity 8
    Magnesium 1450

Try and get some pictures up specially of the sea hair if I can Big Thumbs Up

2. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Sounds good then

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes all good I think [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] although a couple of the snails didn't make it the rest are doing fine , need to do water change tomoz as didn't do it last week smiley-sex020

4. nodster

nodster Registered

So had a busy day yesterday cleaned sump and all pumps etc whilst doing a water change Big Thumbs Up changed out the phosguard for some new and added carbon both in the reactor a bag for each , also as I haven't been able to get hold of a harlequin shrimp at my local I've ordered one for delivery , hoping the silver belly and peacock wrasse don't decide its an easy meal :whistling: will be next week for that to arrive also I ordered a frag of australia strawberry favia from same place heres a picture of the mother colony
    [​IMG]

Mine will be about 4cm just to trial it out

On the hair algae front its declining now with better husbandry of tank and the sea hair is a monster grazer of this stuff :clap:

5. nodster

nodster Registered

Bit of bad news the smallest clown jumped this morning and before I could grab it the dog decided to have it , mouthed it and spat it out but it was a gonna by then , always a risk with open tanks and its my 2nd jumper while I've had this tank , although not good I'm glad I only have cheap common clowns (not that makes it ok ) don't know why 1 clown always looks sad on its own , will look to get another to pair up with this one

On a good note my algae issues are getting better the sea hair certainly helps , once the vibrant product arrives and I start dosing that in conjunction with better husbandry I think the hare will have to find a new home soon as there will be nothing for him to eat

6. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Sounds like you are on the right track buddy. You should look into a mess cover , it will save your fish and your money in the future :)

7. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes I no [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] a cover would save the fish however I love the look of the open tank so a dilemma what to go with

8. CEECH

CEECH Registered

I know well tough call

9. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes ill mull it over the next week or so [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION]

Tell you what mate those sea hares are serious algae munching machines only stop when Asleep Hysterical

10. CEECH

CEECH Registered

I know well man. Just remove when gone or he will starve

11. nodster

nodster Registered

Yeah I'm planning giving him to a fellow salty box member in need or back to the shop Big Thumbs Up

12. feeblebob

feeblebob Registered

Honestly, I could keep him going for months in mine! I reckon he'd give up and hold up a white flag...

13. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Lol very funny. I dropped rock i picked up before with hair algae. After 2 weeks it was stripped clean. Awesome cleaners

14. nodster

nodster Registered

Still not going to plan smiley-sex020 was expecting delivery of harlequin shrimp and a coral tomoz however distributor just phoned to say the shrimps he had have vanished so I'm waiting for when he gets some in now
    Also no postie of bottle of vibrant as of yet
    Thinking may have to get a big breakfast buttie to cheer me up Big Thumbs Up

15. CEECH

CEECH Registered

your making me hungry now lol. The mrs has me on a diet she said i am gaining weight Hysterical i said to her did you look in the mirror your pregnant not me the responsce was smiley-sex020 note to self keep my mouth shut unless i want her to be :aggressive:

16. nodster

nodster Registered

Oh you really didn't want to say that mate , that's when you get the " you did this to me " game , not a good place to be when that one starts Hysterical change in progress the vibrant has arrived :clap: start dosing now Big Thumbs Up

17. nodster

nodster Registered

Just been to local garden centre and got a replacement clown for the one that jumped 18 quid , lets hope this one stays were its supposed to instead of dogs mouth

18. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Hope so too buddy. My wrasse hit the cover last night. I was doing something beside the tank and it got spooked.

19. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

I had my first jumper the other night......my sulphur goby decided to end it all (most probably chased by my new algae blenny). Got through a small triangular section in the far right corner (about 1"x1"), suspended about an inch above the water, the rest is sealed :icon_frown:

Found him lying on top of the glass....sunning itself under the led's.

20. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Hows things going with the tank buddy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice