1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured 350 black

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by nodster, Jul 22, 2015.

1. nodster

nodster Registered

Omg [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] is it your first child if so get ready for your life to change buddy , oh and congrats mate . Not that you deserve the acolade that's for your wife Big Thumbs Up as my wife says I was only the sperm donor and rest of the work was down to her Hysterical , I think that's wrong coz I had to put up with her during pregnancy and boy that was hard work , if once wasn't enough I went through it 5 times smiley-sex020

2. CEECH

CEECH Registered

dud you make that post 3 times just to rub it in lol. Thanks man looking forward to it. Ultrasound on monday to find out if it is a biy or girl. Man i hope things calm down she is a bag of emotions and i get the brunt of it i am sorry it my fault is the most frequent sentance i use at the minute

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. nodster

nodster Registered

Internet wasn't playing so pressed post button a few times smiley-sex020 before it actually worked

4. penzo

penzo Registered

[MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION],no don't find out the sex,completely spoils it in my opinion,1 baby an all.(sorry to hijack your thread [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION],) how's things with you pal.

5. nodster

nodster Registered

Hi [MENTION=20021]penzo[/MENTION] all good matey just the usual , oh and the hum drum of run upto crimbo Hysterical don't know bout not finding sex out part I prefer it so she can get [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] on decorating and kitting out babies room ha ha ha , gone goes his fish cupboard in place for nappies HystericalHystericalHysterical

6. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Man are you mad she would drive me mad in the head. I am already mad enough

7. penzo

penzo Registered

[MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION], you know they don't always get it right lol.mistakes are made,its a boy,then 9 months later sorry its a girl.Hysterical

8. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Lol i suppose thats the chance you take. Mind you if its a he and he takes after his father there will be no problems telling its a boy

9. penzo

penzo Registered

Haha.

10. nodster

nodster Registered

Had a trip out to local lfs today and picked out a vampire tang lost the last two I had , one jumped and the other just keeled over , so maybe third time lucky , I've taken a precaution and started dosing medic for a while in the hope that w/s doesn't make an appearance

Also spotted some snowflake eels that looked ace and looking at [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] eel its something different to have in your tank , but obviously id need to cover my reefer so chatted it over when her indoors came home so looks like I'm going back tomoz to get the cover and eel Big Thumbs Up

What do anyone think of the diy mesh ones are they any good

11. merser

merser Registered

Yes mate. They're as good as you need imo. [MENTION=11655]LittleOcean[/MENTION] is your boy for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. nodster

nodster Registered

Thanks [MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION] they sell them at my local which is only a mile from me so will get one from them , snowflake is 20 quid so sounds like a good price I think , would I need to cover the return pipe opening with mesh and a laggy band to stop it going down you think or is that over kill

13. CEECH

CEECH Registered

I have the littleocean cover and love it. I got rid of the eel a while back. Was not the right fit for my tank. Was knocking all my corals over.

14. CEECH

CEECH Registered

They can be escape artists but i think the chance of going down the return pipe is small.

15. nodster

nodster Registered

Must admit I'm not sure on the eel now I've had a chance to think bout it and not impulse buy [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] specially seeing youtube videos on them , thinking more trouble than its worth to be fair , plus I'm not sure on placing a lid on the reefer as I think it will spoil the look of it even if its just a mesh cover I prefer my open top , going to swap the skimmer over to the curve 5 as the nac 7 still not running as it should , maybe pump on its way out and not sucking enough water through will have a tinker with it once its out .

On a rubbish note I checked the curve out and its missing two of the little rubber legs it stands on so will have to borrow some off the nac 7 to keep it level , think I can get some spares from somewhere if I look around

16. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Merser has a cover on his and it looks good so it does. I loved my eel the tank was not just the right fit. I should have though more before getting it but was a fast decision. I am going wrasse if i can manage to keep the ******* alive lol i have 1 for now. Need to figure out whats going on in my tank. May grab me some peppermint shrimp also today as i spotted some aips in the tank and thats a big no no

17. nodster

nodster Registered

Long time since an update and over Xmas as so busy at work I've neglected the tank a bit any way heres some tests I did

Nitrate 25
    Phosphate 0.5
    Calcium 375
    Alk 6.8
    Mag 1290

Not good readings and suffered because of it mainly turf or gha algae not sure which is currently all over the back of tank and on some of my rockwork
    My wp 25 decided to pack in
    I'm plagued with asti starfish that look like they have done a number on my Rasta zoa
    A few aips rearing there ugly head

So I'm on clean up mission done a water change
    ordered a rw-8 to go with the rw-4 to get flow going again
    Also ordered a few Mexican turbo snails to help with the algae
    Started my reactor with phosguard
    Slowly dosing calc alk and mag to bring the levels back up
    Nopox I've upped the dose
    Nuked the aips with aip-x love the satisfying site of them imploding Big Thumbs Up
    I bought some containers to mix calcium and alkalinity in and will fire up the doser again as I wasn't running it smiley-sex020
    Off to lfs today in the hope he has a harlequin shrimp to sort my starfish out

So what's good , well fish are fine eating well and no signs of any problems , did get 2common clowns , a third time lucky vampire tang and four little damsels with a black bar down their back
    All corals are doing fine even the two sps corals I had left are going great the lps corals I have are thriving just my Duncan is sulking a bit and not fully out last couple of days

Once I'm back on track again I need to do some coral shopping via [MENTION=22376]Scott[/MENTION] when the time comes

Those parameters check were done day after boxing day so will do some more tests today to see if any improvements have been made

18. feeblebob

feeblebob Registered

Wondering exactly what it is that causes Asterina to go to mental numbers, I see one every now and again and have done for a long time, but never more than one at a time, and never seen them do any damage to anything.

19. city1111

city1111 Registered

I think you can cut down on feeding to slow there population Down iirc?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

20. city1111

city1111 Registered

Or obviously a Harlequin shrimp will eradicate them totally

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice