1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured 350 black

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by nodster, Jul 22, 2015.

1. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

The Kick Ich kills the cause, whilst in the free floating stage, before it can multiply and infect more of your tank. Their website is full of science

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Hows things looking Tony ?

3. nodster

nodster Registered

All going well [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] no problems , all the corals are fine and I've had no more fish losses all I'm doing at moment is cleaning the glass every other day so I don't get a build up of stubborn bits , I do need more cuc as lost a few snails over time and looks like I'm sprouting baby aiptaisa so think peppermint shrimp have to be got , apart from the daily/weekly chores everything fine , sand is colouring up a bit since the chalk goby disappeared so may get another one to help clean the sand bed . Think it may just be with me doing the big clean up and new rock scape

Rasta zoa is growing and starting to recover got 6 tiny heads left after the zoa munching fish has gone now so happy about that as I thought he had killed them all so big surprise when I saw them Big Thumbs Up

4. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Glad to see everything is going well mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. nodster

nodster Registered

Thanks [MENTION=23317]dannydization[/MENTION] yeah its slowly getting better now , how long before you can set up again mate , bet its killing you at minute

6. nodster

nodster Registered

Quick report and nothing much to say other than the tank is still clean Big Thumbs Up did both the circulation pumps this morning , all corals and fish are glad to say thriving :clap:

Sand bed still with a dusting of diatoms which started when I did the rescape , I did test my ro water as well , tds reading 0.1 so may need to change the resin shortly and may be contributing to the sand bed .

Have visited the lfs round our way and bought a chalk goby to replace the one I lost and some trochus snails , did look for peppermint shrimp to do a job on the few aiptasia nems but typically when I want them he hasn't got them Hysterical

Did see in his nem tank the biggest regal tang I've ever seen it was a monster , best guess size 10 inch he was a beauty but sadly not for sale smiley-sex020

7. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Nice to see things are back on track buddy I need some more pictures

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. nodster

nodster Registered

Back at work now [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] mate 4 12 hour nights just for fun so not much time on hands other than the usual stuff but will get some photos as soon as I can Big Thumbs Up

9. CEECH

CEECH Registered

no worries buddy :) just keep on top of the tank now and dont let it slip or the reefcrew will be pauing a visit Hysterical

10. nodster

nodster Registered

Ha no way you sending reef police [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] , first day off today so tackled a few chores , finally got the reactor cleaned and running back in tank with a small bag of activated carbon in it also changed the di resin in in my ro unit water is now reading 0 again Big Thumbs Up instead of 01 . Fish are fine the new chalk goby has settled in well , corals are fine and looking healthy . Was going to go spend at lfs tomorrow but Caesar decided it was time to visit vets and spend 100 quid of coral money :lol:

11. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Glad to hear all is going good buddy what's up with the dog? Hope he is ok. Pictures we need pictures. I finally went to setup skimmer as I have left overflowing to airate water since I setup and worked fine then no foam after I came back from walk with dog. Has me driven mad

12. nodster

nodster Registered

Does take a while to bed in [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] , I know mine was a pain till I got it just where I want it , lost count how many times I cleaned the impeller to get it to bubble correctly .

Dog has been itching his legs and belly for a while now and was taking fur off his legs , anyways vet says his skin all over his body is inflamed , so three skin grafts later to rule out mites or fleas which came out negative , one dose of flea and tick stuff just to rule it out as he was due anyway , then a 2 week dose of steroids "as if he ain't big or strong enough already at ten month old and 28.1 kg" if no improvement in a week I've to get some special shampoo . 2nd day in and I must admit he's not scratching as much Big Thumbs Up

13. Fishpalace

Fishpalace Registered

Glad to see tank is stabilizing nicely.

Chalk gobies are great cleaners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Let's hope he gets well and stops itching. Skimmer is creating lots of bubbles just need to fine tune now. Will let it bed in next few weeks. I done did it today. Could not resist and got the thing why I started on salty side lol will get a grilling when I post pics but **** it . Zebra eel. Fed tonight with some shrimp. Seems to be doing good. Also had a disaster the container I made 40 litres of water in for change burst and flooded the ground was a disaster.
    [​IMG]

15. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Looking good buddy glad all is going well nice addition by the way

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. CEECH

CEECH Registered

You alive ?

17. nodster

nodster Registered

Quick update my nac 7 skimmer decided not to work and while cleaning it I broke the ceramic shaft on the impellor smiley-sex020 so ordered a new impellor and some spare shafts , anyways installed it and cleaned the skimmer , still no bubbles , thinking skimmer is fubar I won a curve 5 on the flea bay , so then had a brainstorm no bubbles = no air so checked the intakes and found it was calcium encrusted , broke all calcium off and now working a good un Big Thumbs Up however now will have a curve 5 spare .

Had started getting a bit of Cyano so broke out the red slime remover which worked a treat 48 hours no more red Cyano :clap: however the nac 7 after sorting the probs out today has gone nuts even after water change

Hadn't done a water change for about a month or checked on parameters so did a few tests the basics and was surprised that all levels were quiet good nitrate being 5 and phos still reading 0 salifert test kit , just the mag dropped a bit so topped that up

Did buy a cheap mag scraper similar to a flipper as was fed up with long handled one trying to scrape at bottom of tank and have to say it was great no more arm ache

Still dosing nopox now at 2 mil a day and its great stuff

All corals and fish that I have left are doing fine and planning a trip to burscough next week, wife wants some more clowns and I'm thinking more coral maybe wed/Thurs depending on her indoors not arranging other things for me to do instead smiley-sex020

18. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Lol about the skimmer but you should have checked all tut tut. No harm having a spare on hand. Getting nice skim on mine but need to adjust slightly at times. Just got another load of zoa and hope to get more December or January. Got the shark a8p to test and must admit its a cracker of a light for the money. My mate ordered 6 for his store. Have my xr 15 w pro in his place on a frag tank i am making with zoa for him. Got some Rasta off scott for it and i will have more to add in next months. Trying to grow the interest for zoa in norway.

19. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes was my fault I didn't check air intakes should have been first thing to look at when I had no bubbles , once curve 5 comes I'm going to decide which goes in tank , I know the nac 7 is rated for bigger tanks but it does take up more real estate [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] , we will see Big Thumbs Up

Sounds good on the zoa side of things in your tank mate once you get things going and get more interest in them where you are living you will be like del boy and be a millionaire by next year Hysterical

20. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Nah not so worried about the money side of things. Try my best to help my mate to sort a good high end zoa tank in his store if it goes well then there will be some money in it. But i get pretty good prices and some free stuff for the help i give so thats a big plus Mrs is pregnant now so things are mad around the house and she is a nut job

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice