1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured 100-140 litre all in one off the shelf marine

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by toastie, Apr 24, 2014.

1. toastie

toastie Registered

looking for an all in one marine tank with the filters etc hidden in the back like a lot of the nano tanks or the kent marine bio reef but bigger, or the red sea max but thats a bit square i would prefer it to be longer, I'm basically looking for something in the 3ft range that will sit on an existing piece of furniture no sump and no external canister filter as i can't modify the furniture it needs to sit on

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. PaulW

PaulW Registered

Have one made.. lots of tank builders will do it for you. :)

3. toastie

toastie Registered

never even thought of that but it does sound a tad like i would have to know what i was doing when it came to spec of the kit etc..

just looked at the fluvial sea m90 and it would have been perfect except that it has a drain tap sticking out the bottom so has to be used with their own stand

4. PaulW

PaulW Registered

[MENTION=18380]tyger[/MENTION] has a custom build with rear chamber.. :) he should be able to point you in the right direction.

5. toastie

toastie Registered

wow that looks awesome and is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for except i only have room for half the length

6. Enzogobby

Enzogobby Registered

BOYU HS-60a; 128L all-in-one with equip in back compartments; cant beat it on price, considering it as all you need to start-up...it was my first tank; had it for 1 year and loved it; I would start up with exactly same tank if I had to! :)

7. tyger

tyger Registered

Are you local [MENTION=21900]toastie[/MENTION] ?

8. toastie

toastie Registered

[MENTION=18380]tyger[/MENTION] I'm in Poole in dorset mate

9. toastie

toastie Registered

[MENTION=19433]Enzogobby[/MENTION]
    Where did you get it from mate

10. tyger

tyger Registered

A bit to far to call in then! lol.

11. Tbert33

Tbert33 Registered

Ocean Displays could sort you out. Superb company to do business with and their products are top quality.

12. toastie

toastie Registered

[MENTION=19433]Enzogobby[/MENTION]
    Thanks mate just had a quick google but it's the same shape as a kent bio reef 94 I'm looking for something longer and narrower

I really like the fluval sea M90 and if it would have fitted on my own cabinet rather than having to go on its own stand it would be perfect

13. tyger

tyger Registered

Custom is the way then.

14. Enzogobby

Enzogobby Registered

All Pond Solutions, through ebay...might be discounts directly from their site...just for record: I have no relation whatsoever with this business and am only basing my comments on personal experience!

15. Tbert33

Tbert33 Registered

Could you not just modify your own cabinet then to take the tank?

16. toastie

toastie Registered

Not according to the wife NO! She's not had it long and it would basically mean cutting a hole in the top for the pipe work

17. Tbert33

Tbert33 Registered

Them pesky other halfs getting in the way spoiling our fun lol. Know what you mean mate my mrs is just the same. Good luck.

18. toastie

toastie Registered

It's a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I thought my tank was done so I have my QT tank to a mate who fancied a go at marine and then on a trip to my LFS I saw a stunning fire angel that I thought would complete my display.
    He looked happy and healthy so came home with me now having no QT went straight in the display which was Tuesday night, Wednesday I come home from work go and have a look at my new purchase and I have white spot so I now need a QT bi enough to take all my fish out of my main tank to treat them in a QT and let my reef go fallow :-( lesson learnt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice